Lava Hot Springs Mineral Pools
WE ARE OPEN! You can purchase tickets when you arrive or online.
ATTENTION - As of March 1, 2022 Food or drinks will no longer be allowed into the Hot Springs facility. You are welcome to bring a EMPTY water bottle and utilize the new water fill station, a sealed water bottle or purchase drinks or snacks from the Gift Shop. Thank you for your cooperation.
For your safety, alcohol and glass containers are NOT allowed at the World Famous Hot Pools or Olympic Swimming Complex.
Bubbling out of natural underground springs, the hot water is laden with minerals, but has no sulfur odor. Over 2.5 million gallons a day flow through the hot springs and are diverted into the Portneuf River keeping the springs ever changing and clean. The spring's temperatures range from approximately 102˚ F to 112˚ F degrees.
- Open 363 Days A Year!
- Pure all natural hot spring Mineral Water
- No chemicals, no sulfur, no odor
- Natural water temperature 102˚ F to 112˚ F
- Five outdoor gravel or rock bottom pools
- Dressing rooms, showers, restrooms and coin operated lockers
- Warning - Use of the hot pools by children under two (2) years of age is not recommended. Water above 100 degrees may be harmful to infants. Consult your physician.
- We are a nonsmoking facility
- Gift Shop - souvenirs, coffee, drinks, ice cream and snacks
- See our Sunken Gardens (free and open to the public) entrance located above the hot springs.
Chemical analysis of the mineral water
- Alkalinity Carbonate as CO3...0mg/l
- Alkalinity bicarbonate as HCO3....534 mg/l
- Alkalinity Total as CaCO3...438mg/l
- Iron.....<0.05 mg/l
- Manganese....<0.02 mg/l
- Nitrate and nitrite as N...0.31mg/l
- Hardness as CaCo3...372mg/l
- pH is about 5.2