Lava Hot Springs Foundation Job Openings
Please click on the position title of the job you are interested in to view more details and to get application instructions.
We are hiring lifeguards for summer 2017!
Lava Hot Springs’ Olympic Swimming Complex plans to hire 20-30 new lifeguards, in addition to our returning guards, for summer. This job is also a resume builder for your career in the medical field offering employees a chance to practice hands-on emergency response. Plus, the wages are good, and the schedule is relatively flexible! Please call (208) 776-5221 ext. 100 or email us. Click the links below for more information about our April or May American Red Cross lifeguard courses or to download an application.
Department: Swimming Complex
Full/Part Time: PT/FT
Closing Date: Until Filled
Date Posted: Feb 22, 2017
General Job Application Instructions:
- Download our Employment Application. (PDF requires Adobe Reader)
- Type your information into the application then save it to your computer.
- Either Email it with copies of any relative or current certifications.
- Or print it and sign it and mail it with copies of any relative or current certifications to:
The Lava Hot Springs Foundation
Attn: Employment Applications
PO Box 669
Lava Hot Springs, ID 83246
- Or drop the completed application by our main office at the World Famous Hot Pools at 430 E. Main Street in Lava Hot Springs.
- You may also pick up an application at our office.
American Red Cross Lifeguard Courses Offered at the Indoor Aquatic Center
Contact instructor with questions. Pre-registration preferred. (208) 776-5221 x 100 / Email us
Lifeguard Recertification Course - as required
Total of 13 hours
Cost & Location
- $75 per person for non-LHSF employees—includes pool time and certification fees.
- 195 N. Center Street, Lava Hot Springs, Idaho 83246
- Candidates demonstrate comfort in deep water and are able to swim 300 yards continuously using front crawl and breaststroke (no time limit).
- Within a time limit of 1 minute 40 seconds and without goggles, candidates can swim 20 yards to retrieve a 10 pound brick from deep water, swim 20 yards on his or her back to the starting point (while holding the brick with both hands and with face above the surface of the water for breathing), and exit the pool at the edge without using a ladder or stairs
- Candidates are able to tread water for two minutes using only legs (head is kept above water and hands are in armpits).
- Upon successful completion of this course, candidates will be certified in CPR, AED use, first aid, oxygen administration, and lifeguarding. Certificates are valid for 2 years.
Contact instructor with questions. Pre-registration preferred. (208) 776-5221 x 105 / Email us
If you worked for the Foundation in previous years, left in good standing, and are interested in working for the Foundation this summer, you must…
- Return the Returning Staff Aquatic Agreement by April 14, 2017. If we do not receive the contract by this date, we will assume you do not want to work at the Foundation this summer.
- Be available to work at least two (or more) of the following holidays or holiday weekends: Memorial Day, July 4th, Pioneer Day, and Labor Day.
- LGs: Attend ONE of the Returning LG meetings:
1. Saturday, April 29, 9am-Noon - OR -
2. Sunday, May 6, 4-7pm
- Clerks: your meeting is TBD.
- Be up-to-date in your CPR and/or LG certifications.