Lava Hot Springs Mineral Pools
WE ARE OPEN - We will not be limiting occupancy when open. Besides our usual sanitation routines, we have put in place protocols for extra sanitation of common areas. We welcome the use of masks in common areas and on the lawns. We will not be allowing masks in the water. We ask that all patrons follow CDC health safety guidelines and respect others.
For your safety, alcohol and glass containers are NOT allowed at the World Famous Hot Pools or Olympic Swimming Complex.
- Family Pass Policy
- Hot Pool/Olympic Pool Combo Pass Entry Changes
- See our Sunken Gardens
Bubbling out of natural underground springs, the hot water is laden with minerals, but has no sulfur odor. Over 2.5 million gallons a day flow through the hot springs and are diverted into the Portneuf River keeping the springs ever changing and clean. The spring's temperatures range from approximately 102˚ F to 112˚ F degrees.
- Open 363 Days A Year!
- Pure all natural hot spring Mineral Water
- No chemicals, no sulfur, no odor
- Natural water temperature 102˚ F to 112˚ F
- Five outdoor gravel or rock bottom pools
- Dressing rooms, showers, restrooms and coin operated lockers
- Souvenir gift shop with snacks and drinks
- Warning - Use of the hot pools by children under two (2) years of age is not recommended. Water above 100 degrees may be harmful to infants. Consult your physician.
- We are a nonsmoking facility
- Gift Shop - souvenirs, coffee, drinks, snacks
- See our Sunken Gardens (free and open to the public) entrance located above the hot springs.
Chemical analysis of the mineral water
- Alkalinity Carbonate as CO3...0mg/l
- Alkalinity bicarbonate as HCO3....534 mg/l
- Alkalinity Total as CaCO3...438mg/l
- Iron.....<0.05 mg/l
- Manganese....<0.02 mg/l
- Nitrate and nitrite as N...0.31mg/l
- Hardness as CaCo3...372mg/l
- pH is about 5.2