Lava Hot Springs Mineral Pools
For your safety, alcohol and glass containers are NOT allowed at the World Famous Hot Pools or Olympic Swimming Complex.
BUY PASSES ONLINE!
Hot Pool & Season Passes (SUMMER: May 21st - Sept)
- Family Pass Policy
- Hot Pool/Olympic Pool Combo Pass Entry Changes
- GET YOUR IDAHO HOT SPRINGS PASS!
- See our Sunken Gardens
Bubbling out of natural underground springs, the hot water is laden with minerals, but has no sulfur odor. Over 2.5 million gallons a day flow through the hot springs and are diverted into the Portneuf River keeping the springs ever changing and clean. The spring's temperatures range from approximately 102˚ F to 112˚ F degrees.
- Open 363 Days A Year!
- Pure all natural hot spring Mineral Water
- No chemicals, no sulfur, no odor
- Natural water temperature 102˚ F to 112˚ F
- Five outdoor gravel or rock bottom pools
- Dressing rooms, showers, restrooms and coin operated lockers
- Warning - Use of the hot pools by children under two (2) years of age is not recommended. Water above 100 degrees may be harmful to infants. Consult your physician.
- We are a nonsmoking facility
- Gift Shop - souvenirs, coffee, drinks, ice cream and snacks
- See our Sunken Gardens (free and open to the public) entrance located above the hot springs.
Chemical analysis of the mineral water
- Alkalinity Carbonate as CO3...0mg/l
- Alkalinity bicarbonate as HCO3....534 mg/l
- Alkalinity Total as CaCO3...438mg/l
- Iron.....<0.05 mg/l
- Manganese....<0.02 mg/l
- Nitrate and nitrite as N...0.31mg/l
- Hardness as CaCo3...372mg/l
- pH is about 5.2