Lava Hot Springs Mineral Pools
ATTENTION – CONSTRUCTION NOTICE: The Idaho Transportation Department will be repairing the rock wall inside the hot pool facility 430 E. Main beginning April 5th. This will be about a 60-day project. Highway 30 will also be impacted at this time.
For your safety construction will cause the upper hottest pool to be closed during business hours, it may possibly be open on nights and weekends but not a guarantee. There may be times this will be very noisy and messy. We will not be discounting our rates or any passes. We are sorry for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience during this time.
*NOTICE - RATES WILL INCREASE MAY 2021
For your safety, alcohol and glass containers are NOT allowed at the World Famous Hot Pools or Olympic Swimming Complex.
BUY PASSES ONLINE!
Hot Pool & Season Passes (WINTER: Sept - May 15th)
Hot Pool & Season Passes (SUMMER: May 21st - Sept)
- Family Pass Policy
- Hot Pool/Olympic Pool Combo Pass Entry Changes
- GET YOUR IDAHO HOT SPRINGS PASS!
- See our Sunken Gardens
Bubbling out of natural underground springs, the hot water is laden with minerals, but has no sulfur odor. Over 2.5 million gallons a day flow through the hot springs and are diverted into the Portneuf River keeping the springs ever changing and clean. The spring's temperatures range from approximately 102˚ F to 112˚ F degrees.
- Open 363 Days A Year!
- Pure all natural hot spring Mineral Water
- No chemicals, no sulfur, no odor
- Natural water temperature 102˚ F to 112˚ F
- Five outdoor gravel or rock bottom pools
- Dressing rooms, showers, restrooms and coin operated lockers
- Souvenir gift shop with snacks and drinks
- Warning - Use of the hot pools by children under two (2) years of age is not recommended. Water above 100 degrees may be harmful to infants. Consult your physician.
- We are a nonsmoking facility
- Gift Shop - souvenirs, coffee, drinks, snacks
- See our Sunken Gardens (free and open to the public) entrance located above the hot springs.
Chemical analysis of the mineral water
- Alkalinity Carbonate as CO3...0mg/l
- Alkalinity bicarbonate as HCO3....534 mg/l
- Alkalinity Total as CaCO3...438mg/l
- Iron.....<0.05 mg/l
- Manganese....<0.02 mg/l
- Nitrate and nitrite as N...0.31mg/l
- Hardness as CaCo3...372mg/l
- pH is about 5.2